The human eye is one of the five senses. Like our brain, the eye has a very difficult infrastructure to understand. In this article, we will look at the wonders of the eyes.
The camera is the reflection of our eyes
- If our eyes are a camera it should be 547 megapixels capable.
- The eyes absorb objects upside down. They are then sent to the brain to give an exact shape to the looking images.
- Our eyes consist of two photoreceptors one is the rod and the other is the cone.
- The rod in our eyes we use to see objects clearly at low light times.
- The cone of our eyes is used to see objects clearly at high light times.
Why Iris Scanner is special than fingerprints?
- Our fingerprint is not unique but also the iris.
- So that the cornea scanner is considered the most secured biometric security system than the fingerprint scanner.
- What makes it special is that there are only 40 unique characteristics in our fingerprints but there are more than 200 unique characteristics in our eyes.
- Babies less than six weeks old do not shed tears.
- Newborns only see objects that are 8 to 10 inches apart.
- Newborns develop the ability to see colors only at five to eight months.
Some Fun Facts
- We cannot sneeze with our eyes open.
- Our eyes can focus on 50 different objects in a second.
- If the world were flat we could see the light of a candle about 19 km away.
- The size of our cornea should be large in high light and small in low light.
- It takes our eyes 2 to 3 seconds to perform this change.
- That is why we cannot immediately see anything clearly as we move from the bright part to the dark part.
- Truth be told our eyes can only see 3 colors. They are red, blue and green. Everything else is a combination of these.
- Tens of millions of colors are distinguished by our eyes.
- The man blinks an average of 11 to 13 times a second.
- Sometimes the two irises are of different colors and this is called Heterochromia.
- The area between the two con eyebrows is called the glabella.
- Researchers believe that the eyebrows must have evolved to keep our sweat out of our eyes.
- Our eyes automatically wander here and there during the most emotional dreams in sleep. This is called Rapid Eye Movement.
- Our eyes are the only part of the body that does not have blood vessels. Because the eyes get the oxygen they need from the air.